QUAST – Quality Assessment Tool for Genome Assemblies
The project aim is to create easy-to-use tools for genome assemblies evaluation and comparison.
Currently, we are working on three tools which are distributed inside one package:
- QUAST for regular genome assemblies
- MetaQUAST for metagenome assemblies
- Icarus for contig alignment visualization
- September 3, 2016 — the version 4.3 is released! The package was supplied with setup.py installer, Icarus got more new features, and many other things happened!
- July 21, 2016 — the version 4.2 is released! Icarus now has live search, physical read coverage plot and many other cool features!
- July 4, 2016 — Icarus paper was published in Bioinformatics Advance Access.
- May 26, 2016 — the version 4.1 is released! Icarus visualizer is even better now!
- April 1, 2016 — MetaQUAST paper was published in Bioinformatics volume 32, issue 7, pp. 1088-1090.
- November 27, 2015 — the version 3.2 is released! Now with raw reads support. Check out full list of changes.
- July 13, 2015 — QUAST repositories are open for public access on Github! Command-line tool is here, web interface is here.
- June, 2015 — the number of QUAST downloads exceeded ten thousands (including more than 6500 downloads of QUAST v.2.3)!